I hope that 2013 is off to a beautiful start for all of you! It certainly is for me. I turn 31 today. Yikes. Am I the only one that thinks life is moving just a little too fast? Things like birthdays always remind me that I need to be taking the time to enjoy my life, because it is an astoundingly blessed one. And in the name of taking time to enjoy the little things, I thought I’d put together a collection of my favorite things right now. Don’t get your hopes up… I’m not Oprah, and I’m not giving them away. But I do hope you’ll check them out.
1. I think it only appropriate that my hairdresser introduced me to Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil. I feel like I’ve been let in on an industry secret. It makes your hair shiny and soft, and super full but light as air at the same time. It’s worth the spend, and a little goes a long way so it will last you forever.
2. Season 2 of “Girls” is starting on Sunday and I couldn’t be more excited, because the writing is brilliant, the characters are second to none, and let’s not kid ourselves… I need more Shoshanna in my life.
3. It’s always the dumbest things that inspire me to work out, and right now it’s these Nike Free Run 3 shoes. They’re absurdly comfortable and lightweight and they have breathed new life into my resolve to get my ever-expanding behind in shape.
4. Rifle Paper Co. is one of my great new loves in life. I don’t think I need to wax poetic yet again about my love of paper products, but this is a great little company, and this notebook will soon be mine.
5. More paper, I know, but I love the color and simple design of these note cards from SilhouetteBlue, and they remind me of how much I love getting hand-written notes in the mail. I also love that they chose a grand name like Olympia Biddeford.
6. I paint my nails all the time. I love trying new colors (light gray and emerald green are my favorite right now), and to me, it’s like expensive perfume… probably no one notices it but me, but it makes me feel fancy. So to take care of my nails, a nail and cuticle salve like this one from Fig + Yarrow is the perfect addition to my manicure routine.